Wednesday, March 28, 2012

We are NOT Desert People!

Well, we tried the RV lifestyle in the desert. Even going so far as to trade in our brand new trailer on a used Class C motor home while we were in Arizona. The irony of it...the RV model is "Spirit" and has the name written all across the side....now we have two Spirits... our beloved "Spirit of Freedom" and a dirt-bound "Spirit."

After being gone all winter, it is good to be home! We really missed the water...right now I am gazing across the inlet watching (and hearing) the waves crash as the wind is howling. Love it!! But I hope it does calm down a bit...next week I head up to Canoe Cove in Sidney BC to have Spirit of Freedom re-rigged. I love wind, but I don't want the gale that is blowing right now! It is a bit of a run for me, with Spirit moored in South Puget Sound, but it should be a great downwind run if the "normal" winds prevail.

I really did discover that the ocean is very important to me. After leaving the desert and reaching the coast of California, that first glimpse of the blue ocean really lifted my spirits. Both my husband and I laughed because we both had the exact same reaction along with a big loud sigh of relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment