Thursday, November 17, 2011

Land-cruising?

It seems that my newly-retired husband and I are going to have a bit of a different adventure this winter. After years of multi-month cruising on my boat, (first as a single-hander with occasional crew, and in the past few at least part time  accompanied by my hubby) we are going land-cruising! We just had our first shakedown in our newly purchased little camping trailer. And little is the operative word! Quite a downsize from our boat.... think Bayliner Capri dropping anchor next to a Selene 55!We didn't want to expend many dollars, who knows if we will like it?

So this winter is going to be very different; we are going on a road-trip, heading south to warmer climes, to explore deserts and such. Quite the opposite from cruising between South Sound and Alaska! So, all is packed, the dog, cat, Cliff and and I are ready to go...sometime in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment